A discussion of chronic disease epidemics in the context of EMF exposure including diabetes, stroke and neuropsychiatric illness . Mechanisms of harm are also discussed with a focus on oxidative stress.
This was the opening lecture for EMFC (EMF Conference 2019, Scotts Valley, CA) – the first medical conference on health effects of electromagnetic fields to offer continuing medical education to physicians. The conference was the vision of environmental medicine pioneer Dr. William Rea, founder of the Environmental Health Center in Dallas, Texas (USA).
- Long introduction to the topic of clinical electromagnetics, including AC (alternating current) versus DC (direct current) electricity, why AC is more biologically active than DC, and an overview of the 4 main fields of interest to human health and chronic disease.
- Metabolic restriction and magnetic fields, the obesity connection (25 min mark)
- Diabetes and wireless radiation (section begins at the 17 min mark)
- Effect of microwave exposure differs even in the same patient/same exposure at different times (33 min mark)
- Neurologic/CNS effects discussion begins at 33 min mark